Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have two clusters with async replication under the same vCenter?

Scout

Is it possible to have two clusters with async replication under the same vCenter?

We have a situation where we have two Nutanix clusters at two separate locations with a layer two WAN connection between them. The Cluster at the DR site is hybrid and primary is all flash. As the DR cluster does not have the same performance as production I only want to run Async replication, but can I have both the clusters under the same vCenter?

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Guardian

Re: Is it possible to have two clusters with async replication under the same vCenter?

Yes.  There isn't a technical limitation there that I am aware of.  Metro clusters require a single vCenter so it shouldn't be a problem with Async.  

Now from a business perspecitive, I would suggest a second vCenter at the DR site, especially if you are using a distributed switch there.  

Chevalier

Re: Is it possible to have two clusters with async replication under the same vCenter?

@stack yes as long the vCenter can see both ESXi cluster

no need identical box to run metro (most DR sizing based on critical VM need to be backed up)

also make sure you have 5ms latency between sites