Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited NTNX cluster - changing IPs to FQDNs in VCenter, and more

SOLVED Go to solution
Pathfinder

Inherited NTNX cluster - changing IPs to FQDNs in VCenter, and more

I've inherited a NTNX cluster, Dell XC30, running AOS 5.0.3.1, vCenter 6.5U1 and ESXi 6.0U3 and have a few questions:

1. The hosts are added to vCenter by IP address, and I'd like to change them to FQDNs, is there anything I need to do different from a standard VMware cluster?
  2. Where do I get updated firmwares from - it's reporting an old SATADOM firmware? Just phone Dell?
  3. The "Upgrade Software" interface says 'You haven't authenticated any vCenters' I presume I can just create an account in vsphere.local and authenticate it, any reason to not do this?

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vanguard

Re: Inherited NTNX cluster - changing IPs to FQDNs in VCenter, and more

Hi, 

There are no issues adding hosts in vCenter as IP address or FQDN, make sure your nameservers are properly configured if u have FQDN, u can remove one host at a time and re-add them using FQDN.

There is some specific configuration required if you delete and re-create cluster, which u can get from documentation on support portal.

About firmware, u need to get Dell support onboard for that.

The "Upgrade Software" integration is for some workflow added in version 5.x like increase CVM memory, etc.

For that, u can use any vCenter admin level user for authentication.

F>P

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Vanguard

Hi, 

There are no issues adding hosts in vCenter as IP address or FQDN, make sure your nameservers are properly configured if u have FQDN, u can remove one host at a time and re-add them using FQDN.

There is some specific configuration required if you delete and re-create cluster, which u can get from documentation on support portal.

About firmware, u need to get Dell support onboard for that.

The "Upgrade Software" integration is for some workflow added in version 5.x like increase CVM memory, etc.

For that, u can use any vCenter admin level user for authentication.

F>P

Pathfinder

Thanks, will get some changes raised for next week to have a go.