Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hung NCC check?

Trailblazer

Hung NCC check?

I think I have a hung NCC check somewhere in my v4.7.3 cluster. When I try and run it myself I get the following message: "RPC failed with error: NCC is already running."

Is there any way to track this down and terminate it? I've been attempting this with that same error message for over an hour now.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

Re: Hung NCC check?

Howdy, I've moved your post from the Community Edition forum to here.

Could you send in a support ticket real quick, and support can pop on a web conference with you and clear this up?

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Voyager

You can use the 'ps -ef' command to find the node where ncc is running.

You can kill ncc with the 'kill -9 [PID]' command, but this is not a good idea.

If you can open a support ticket, you should get support~^^

Highlighted
Trailblazer

Thanks - I ended up calling support and we used the following command to resolve;

sudo python ncc/bin/health_client.py --cancel_master_task=True

I agree this was likely more graceful than doing a kill [PID] on the CVM - ncc is happy and healthy again! Thanks again for the guidance. 

Nutanix Employee

Good to know that support was able to fix it very quickly.

Also to note, ^^ The above mentioned command can be destructive and should never be run without the supervision of Nutanix Support Engineer. Failure to do so may cause irreversible damage/downtime to the Nutanix cluster