Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail-fast after detecting hung stargate ops

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Vanguard

Fail-fast after detecting hung stargate ops

Hello,

I am facing issue in Health page in Prism showing "Nutanix Web Console

CVM to Host Connectivity" after initial diag I found that CVM cannot ping 192.168.5.1 interface of host but host can ping CVM interfaces.
Going through another forum entry, it might caused if stargate is crashed, while cluster status shows Stargate is running, I found a FATAL error "F0104 10:09:45.332298 27391 stargate.cc:1362] Fail-fast after detecting hung stargate ops: Operation with id 30 hung for 60secs"
I referred to INFO logs but get the same error there.

Any ideas how to get it resolved.

Regards
vF.P
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vanguard

Re: Fail-fast after detecting hung stargate ops

Issue resolved, I am suspecting switch issue which caused CVm to loose connectivity and failover storage path.

genesis restart failback the storage path.

Thanks for wonderful support as usual.

vF.P

3 REPLIES

Hi Farhan

I see that a case is opened with us. We have one of our SRE's working with you to help fix this issue.

Vanguard

Issue resolved, I am suspecting switch issue which caused CVm to loose connectivity and failover storage path.

genesis restart failback the storage path.

Thanks for wonderful support as usual.

vF.P

Adventurer

We seem to be having the same problem where the host can ping the CVM on 192.168.5.2 but the CVM can not ping the host on 192.168.5.1

This maybe what is leading to the stargate fatal error

F0725 02:38:44.585690 15262 stargate.cc:1323] Watch dog fired: stuck during initialization

What was the solution? Presumably the physical switch is not involved since this comunication is only between the CVM and the host.