Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell XC 6320 - How to reimage the CVM ?

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Trailblazer

Dell XC 6320 - How to reimage the CVM ?

Hi all,

We have a Dell XC6320 demo box. I would like to know how to reimage the CVM of the node/factory reset ?

I found a document online and followed the procedure still the CVM is broken state. Could someone tell me how to reimage the CVM in Dell XC6320 ?

Cheers,
Jaffer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guardian

Re: Dell XC 6320 - How to reimage the CVM ?

@jaffer use your idrac and mount phoenix iso. please boot through it. have your contact support or vendor to fix it?
29 REPLIES
Outrider

If you don't need to re-image the hypervisor, you could just destroy the cluster and then recreate it.

If you want to be completely fresh, I would suggest looking for the field installation guide on the support site and re-foundationing the hosts.  The foundation guide walks you through the process.  Otherwise, reach out to the vendor that sold you the hardware or your local Nutanix SE and they should be able to help you out.

Trailblazer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The installation cancelled in between and I am not able to destroy the cluster. Even the cluster status throwing an error. I will check the field installation guide.

Cheers,

Jaffer

Cheers,
Jaffer
Outrider

If you were in the middle of installation, you might run into the problem of the nodes not showing available to be imaged.  In that case, I would suggest using the foundation VM as with it you can manually add the nodes and use the IPMI mac address to start the process. If this is your first time with Nutanix.  I would REALLY suggest reaching out to a NutanixSE or partner that has experience to help you through the process as it is not always intuitive.  

Good luck and sorry for the hiccup.

Trailblazer

Hi

Thanks. but I am not able to find the download for foundation. I am able to see only the applet. Do you have the location of the file ?

Cheers,
Jaffer
Outrider

If you log onto support and click on downloads, do you see "Foundation"

If you click on it, you should see the foundation VM files on the page.  It might be hidden unless you are are partner or someone who has gone through the NSS class.  

Trailblazer

hi,

We are customers. I don't have access to download Smiley Sad.

Lets give a try with my colleagues ID.

Cheers,

Jaffer

Cheers,
Jaffer
Outrider

Your other option would be to contact support.  Since it's Dell, call them first and they should either be able to help or pass you through to Nutanix.

Trailblazer

Thanks. Will do the same.

Cheers,
Jaffer
Guardian

@jaffer

Dell XC provided with RASR feature. Performing factory reset with self restore. Just boot to internal SD Card

It would be nice to ask your partner to check and reimage the box for you