Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change from RF3 to RF2?

SOLVED Go to solution
Outrider

Can we change from RF3 to RF2?

I think it is hard to make it back to the original one but basically I have completed my test on RF3 and want to change the Redundancy factor from 3 to 2 in my cluster without reinstalling my cluster 

Really need some advice and ideas on this

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nutanix Employee

Re: Can we change from RF3 to RF2?

Hello,

Once a cluster is configured for RF3 it cannot be fully converted back to RF2.  You can create RF2 containers on a RF3 cluster.  However, there is not a process for scaling back the other processes involved in maintaining fault tolerance.

Hope this helps.

3 REPLIES
Trendsetter

Hi,

Basically, RF (Replication Factor) had two areas, one for metadata and one for the containers. see if you can change the RF3 to RF2 on the container or simply create a new container with RF2 and migrate UVMs. For metadata try to change the RF3 to RF2 from Settings.

Let us know if it works.

F.P

Nutanix Employee

Hello,

Once a cluster is configured for RF3 it cannot be fully converted back to RF2.  You can create RF2 containers on a RF3 cluster.  However, there is not a process for scaling back the other processes involved in maintaining fault tolerance.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Outrider

@john_burton I got it,

Seems like there is no way except for recreating the cluster to get the Redundancy Factor RF2 back online. 

Thanks a lot for your information