Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign physical interface to single VM in promiscuous mode

SOLVED Go to solution
Scout

Assign physical interface to single VM in promiscuous mode

Hello All,

We've got two blocks with a total of seven nodes. We need to set up an ethernet interface on a node which will be used to pass all network traffic to our SIEM solution. I've read about how to do this with ESXi when your farm is running on traditional infrastructure, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this in Nutanix. Is it possible to assign a single physical NIC to an ESXi virtual machine on Nutanix?

Thank you!

Chris

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nutanix Employee

Re: Assign physical interface to single VM in promiscuous mode

With Nutanix running ESXi, this is no different that the traditional method for ESXi that you've read. Just pick a network adapter that isn't being used in an existing vSwitch for Nutanix traffic or guest traffic, and dedicate that uplink to a new monitoring vSwitch and port group. 

Jason Burns | CCIE Collaboration #20707 | Solutions Architect | jason.burns@nutanix.com | @bbbburns
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Anything you can add here @bbbburns

Highlighted
Nutanix Employee

With Nutanix running ESXi, this is no different that the traditional method for ESXi that you've read. Just pick a network adapter that isn't being used in an existing vSwitch for Nutanix traffic or guest traffic, and dedicate that uplink to a new monitoring vSwitch and port group. 

Jason Burns | CCIE Collaboration #20707 | Solutions Architect | jason.burns@nutanix.com | @bbbburns
Scout

Thank you kindly! I found out today which specific NIC to point to within vCenter, and I'm in the process of setting up the vswitch now.