Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

SOLVED Go to solution
Outrider

ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

Hi

My company is preparing for integrating ABS with other products in the upcoming project. I have searched around for some information relating to maximum disk, VG capacity can be created as well as the number of iSCSI session that I can establish to Nutanix system but it seems that there are no official document written about this

May I have missed on finding something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nutanix Employee

Re: ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

Hi @hienle

You can find the maximums related to iSCSI  at the bottom of the table here: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Web-Console-Guide-Prism-v51:app-system-maxim...

General guideline is to stay under 128 iSCSI vdisks per node.  Keep in mind that by default a VG can have up to 32 iSCSI sessions (one per vdisk up to 32) and those will be evenly distrubuted (roughly) across all nodes in a cluster.  If you have more than 32 vdisks per VG the vdisks will begin to share sessions.

For the vdisk size we do not state a maxiumum, so it falls under "no known limit" (similar to AHV in the table).

Thanks,

Mike 

1 REPLY
Nutanix Employee

Re: ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

Hi @hienle

You can find the maximums related to iSCSI  at the bottom of the table here: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Web-Console-Guide-Prism-v51:app-system-maxim...

General guideline is to stay under 128 iSCSI vdisks per node.  Keep in mind that by default a VG can have up to 32 iSCSI sessions (one per vdisk up to 32) and those will be evenly distrubuted (roughly) across all nodes in a cluster.  If you have more than 32 vdisks per VG the vdisks will begin to share sessions.

For the vdisk size we do not state a maxiumum, so it falls under "no known limit" (similar to AHV in the table).

Thanks,

Mike