Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Outrider

ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

Hi

My company is preparing for integrating ABS with other products in the upcoming project. I have searched around for some information relating to maximum disk, VG capacity can be created as well as the number of iSCSI session that I can establish to Nutanix system but it seems that there are no official document written about this

May I have missed on finding something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nutanix Employee

Re: ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

Hi @hienle

You can find the maximums related to iSCSI  at the bottom of the table here: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Web-Console-Guide-Prism-v51:app-system-maxim...

General guideline is to stay under 128 iSCSI vdisks per node.  Keep in mind that by default a VG can have up to 32 iSCSI sessions (one per vdisk up to 32) and those will be evenly distrubuted (roughly) across all nodes in a cluster.  If you have more than 32 vdisks per VG the vdisks will begin to share sessions.

For the vdisk size we do not state a maxiumum, so it falls under "no known limit" (similar to AHV in the table).

Thanks,

Mike 

1 REPLY
Nutanix Employee

Re: ABS maximum disk, iSCSI session...?

Hi @hienle

You can find the maximums related to iSCSI  at the bottom of the table here: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Web-Console-Guide-Prism-v51:app-system-maxim...

General guideline is to stay under 128 iSCSI vdisks per node.  Keep in mind that by default a VG can have up to 32 iSCSI sessions (one per vdisk up to 32) and those will be evenly distrubuted (roughly) across all nodes in a cluster.  If you have more than 32 vdisks per VG the vdisks will begin to share sessions.

For the vdisk size we do not state a maxiumum, so it falls under "no known limit" (similar to AHV in the table).

Thanks,

Mike