How It Works

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image.create

Wayfarer

image.create

Hi!

I try to create an image from an nfs datastore (which is an nutanix container). I tried the following command:

image.create disk2 source_url=nfs://127.0.0.1/esx/machine/machine_1-flat.vmdk container=test

I got the Error:

kUploadFailure: Unable to fetch metadata for image nfs://127.0.0.1/esx/machine/machine_1-flat.vmdk, 1: (, qemu-img: Could not open 'nfs://127.0.0.1/esc/machine/machine_1-flat.vmdk': Could not open 'nfs://127.0.0.1/esx/machine/machine_1-flat.vmdk': Unknown error 1358954496

When I created the image from the first disk of the vm it works. The first disk has size 40gb the second has a size of 1.4tb.

any hints?

best regards, arno

10 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

Re: image.create

What version of Nutanix OS are you running? Also, what version of Acropolis Hypervisor?
Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Wayfarer

Hi @Jon

Nutanix OS 4.5.1

AHV 20151109

Moderator Moderator

Hi @arnoschneid

Did some grepping around in the bug database, and it appears that the large image import is a known issue in 4.5.x, and has been fixed in 4.6, due out relatively soon.

Please submit a support ticket, and they can confirm this is the actual issue, advise you on the 4.6 release date, and then help you upgrade when it comes out!

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Moderator Moderator

Did you ever submit a support ticket to confirm this?

Also, for the sake of posterity, the internal bug I was looking at is ENG-40701, which you can reference in a support ticket along with this thread URL

Please Kudos if useful!
Wayfarer

Yes I have opened an support ticket and the Dell-Support told me that this was a known issue and that I should wait for the 4.6 release.

arno

Moderator Moderator

ok, thanks. 4.6 is right around the corner. I'm on our internal "Transfer of Information" webex right now, which is something we do right before the final release of code

Please Kudos if useful!
Outrider

Have you tried:

1. Create Whitelist for Container?

2. Change the command into the example below:

image.create disk2 source_url=nfs://10.1.1.2/esx/machine/machine_1-flat.vmdk container=test

Notes:

10.1.1.2 is CVM IP

Adventurer

Hi @Jon,

I'm having a similar issue but in my case I'm trying to bring a VHD from a NFS3 share into AHV. My version is 5.1.3 and the AHV 20160925.90. The disk size is 2TB with 400GB written data. The message that I'm getting is: 

Unable to fetch metadata for image nfs://<path>.tmp

quemu-img: Could not open nfs://<path>.tmp

quemu-img: Could not open nfs://<path>.tmp: File Too Large

Any clue?

Moderator Moderator

@marcio - Can you open a support ticket so we can dig in with you?

Please Kudos if useful!