How It Works

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2016 server install on AOS failing with driver errors

SOLVED Go to solution
Trailblazer

Windows 2016 server install on AOS failing with driver errors

We have the current setup on the cluster we are trying to install Windows Server 2016 - we need to setup 16 of these servers on a nutanix cluster

AOS 4.7.5.2

AHV Nutanix 20160601.44 

The install process report the following error;  No new dvice drivers were found . Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers.

This error is consistent despite using the recommended virtio iso

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trailblazer

Re: Windows 2016 server install on AOS failing with driver errors

Uploaded fresh copy of Windows 2016 ISO and the error went away

This was done after checking file size on Nutanix cluster against expected size of downloaded iso and found a difference between the two.

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Outrider

@roberthwl the newest version of VirtIO has already supported WS2016?

If so, I think there should be a compability of AHV version and VirtIO

Although it does not officially supported but because AHV is modified KVM based, you could give Fedora VirtIO for a try first

Trailblazer

I had already tried different virtio scsi versions and it made no difference.

I have managed to boot a 2016 server using an ide disk format. I am looking at why the scsi drivers are not doing what they should on install. I reloaded the ms scsi adapter driver and was able then to see the scsi hdd. 

Trailblazer

I setup 2 x hdd with the same image I created on vmware - one as an ide and the other scsi

The server booted as normal on the ide drive and after installing the ms scsi adapter driver again and the virtio scsi driver the scsi hdd was seen and was able to mount it.

This works fine until there is an attempt to boot the server from the scsi hdd with all drivers loaded on it.

Fails with inaccessiable boot device error

Trailblazer

Uploaded fresh copy of Windows 2016 ISO and the error went away

This was done after checking file size on Nutanix cluster against expected size of downloaded iso and found a difference between the two.

Trailblazer

Ref: Windows 2016 server install on AOS failing with driver errors

Additional info: the iso was uploaded using IE and this seem to be at the root cause of the problem