How It Works

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prism Central Update - licence messages

SOLVED Go to solution
Trailblazer

Prism Central Update - licence messages

Have updated the Prism Central system on our clusters and now seeing licencing alerts.

I hadn't changed any settings from the previous release so not sure how this has come about.

Rev 4.6.3 to 4.7.3.1

This cluster has licensing feature violations. View feature violations

How can I see where this is configured and make changes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Ref: Prism Central Update - licence messages

Well, thats a problem for sure.

To be clear, email alerting isn't tied to any sort of licensing, so I bet the email alerting thing is tied to the problems you're having with those services starting. Open a ticket and Support can get on a web conference and drill down on it.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
5 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

Re: Prism Central Update - licence messages

If I had to guess ... I'm guessing your trial period for Prism Pro (which are some of the advance features in Prism Central) has expired. 

You can see the differences between Prism Central's "Prism Starter" and prism pro here: https://www.nutanix.com/products/software-editions/ ... note this is different than Acropolis license, which would be on the individual cluster level.

Anyways, I dont have a PC instance in front of me right now, but I believe if you go to the configuration "gear" > licensing, you can disable the advanced features to get rid of said message in the short term. If you'd like those advanced features, as I mentioned there is a separate license for that.

That all said, if you DO have a prism pro license, and you're still getting license warnings, thats a different ball of wax, so lets dig in if thats the case.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Trailblazer

Ref: Prism Central Update - licence messages

Ok so the Prisim Central starter licence comes with enhanced features which expired after the upgrade was completed. Does that include email notifications as they stopped around the same time?

Trailblazer

Further investigation seemsto indicate that the prism central update didnt go as expected and the prism server has problems, ie prism central now does not start after a reboot.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Ref: Prism Central Update - licence messages

Well, thats a problem for sure.

To be clear, email alerting isn't tied to any sort of licensing, so I bet the email alerting thing is tied to the problems you're having with those services starting. Open a ticket and Support can get on a web conference and drill down on it.

Please Kudos if useful!
Trailblazer

OK -  I built a new prism central server - far quickest option

roberthwl wrote:

Further investigation seems to indicate that the prism central update didnt go as expected and the prism server has problems, ie prism central now does not start after a reboot.