How It Works

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutanix AFS SMB Version?

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Adventurer

Nutanix AFS SMB Version?

Hi,

We're looking to potentially implement Nutanix AFS & wanted to find out which version of SMB it uses?

I remember reading when first released it was 2.0 only, but havent seen anything confirming if it now supports 3.0+ yet.

Cheers

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nutanix Employee

Re: Nutanix AFS SMB Version?

SMB 2.1 is support and SMB 3.0 probably in the fall. Do you need a particular feature out of SMB 3.0., You can auto scale vCPU and Memory without any downtime today and failover is pretty fast.

3 REPLIES
Outrider

The AFS 2.1.0.3 as the newest version still does not support the SMB 3.0 yet

But Nutanix is going to release 3.0 support soon, maybe in the AOS 5.2 ver, I think

Nutanix Employee

SMB 2.1 is support and SMB 3.0 probably in the fall. Do you need a particular feature out of SMB 3.0., You can auto scale vCPU and Memory without any downtime today and failover is pretty fast.

Adventurer

There weren't any particular features we needed, however we do have WAN acceleration devices which can sometimes cause problems depending on SMB versions used.

I presume the upgrade of AFS when SMB3.0 support comes will be without downtime also?