How It Works

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable ethernet

SOLVED Go to solution
Adventurer

Disable ethernet

I need to start a VM with the ethernet disabled. If I do more clone I don't want to power off VM for ip dulication.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trailblazer

Re: Disable ethernet

Correction. There are acli options to detach (delete) not disable. There are existing requests for Request for Enhancements. I'd love to see it in PRISM, so I'd go ahead and send in an RFE. Also try my suggestion (I'll test too)
2 REPLIES
Trailblazer

I believe you can upload a powershell script that you could run disable the NIC fairly easily. In AHV, you can define a adsf file, there's a section to paste code, but I also believe there is a section to upload to a desired location as well. You could upload your script to the startup directory and it would disable the NIC on start up, then just go and delete it after it deploys. Another option would be to have your image with the NIC disconnected in the OS before cloning. I'll test in our lab later today on a couple servers if you don't get a chance and post my results. Otherwise, i think there are some acli commands for disconnecting a NIC.
Trailblazer

Correction. There are acli options to detach (delete) not disable. There are existing requests for Request for Enhancements. I'd love to see it in PRISM, so I'd go ahead and send in an RFE. Also try my suggestion (I'll test too)