How It Works

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can seperate ABS to another Nic or Subnet of CVM

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Adventurer

Can seperate ABS to another Nic or Subnet of CVM

Hello

Can I add more nic for CVM to seperate Management traffic (Prism)

from storage traffic (ABS) when provide it to external Physical or VM (iSCSI)?

First nic 10.10.10.10/24 (vlan10: prism and another services)

Second nic 10.20.10.10/24 (vlan20: Abs only)

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Moderator

Re: Can seperate ABS to another Nic or Subnet of CVM

I know exactly what you're talking about @komdet and we're working on that right now.

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
6 REPLIES
Guardian

I know you can add another NIC for separation of CVM replication/Management traffic.  I don't know how to force ABS to a specific path.  

Outrider

Basically, the idea is superb but how to force the ABS traffic to be run on the dedicated NIC requires the Nutanix engineer team consulted.

I think you can leverage and describe your idea to an opened up improvement suggest ticket to Nutanix engineer team. I think they will consider integrating this to be a new advanced ABS feature in future releases

Moderator Moderator

I know exactly what you're talking about @komdet and we're working on that right now.

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Adventurer

Thank you
Explorer

Hi, 

Ist there anything new on this topic. I woul also urgently need this feature in our 32 node environment

Moderator Moderator

In short, its not done yet. We launched the first part of this change in 5.5 (with the ability to segregate the backend CVM traffic). That's laying the framework for this feature. Release date for this has not been set yet. 

If you've got access to the nutanix support portal, feel free to submit a ticket with priority "RFE" and reference internal ticket FEAT-5120, which is the feature request ID tracking this

Please Kudos if useful!