Get Started

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you working on?

Wayfarer

Re: What are you working on?

well the Pauses and Discards need to be investigated, it is probably an issue with the ESXi configuration(this is a wild guess, I would need troubleshooting in order to really help) - for instance, it could be the shotgun mode because of beacon probing, or just the HA pinging the hosts.

But Pause and Discards are _not_ CRC errors - thats a different thing. Are you using fiber cables with the SFP+ for the 10GbE connections of the Nutanix nodes?

Our issue was fixed by our network engineer, who has since left the company, unfortunately.

Wayfarer

Standing up VDI clusters as fast as we can purchase them.  Stood up Splunk clusters.  Starting to move more server workloads to the platform

Wayfarer

Hi all,

We have few things underway at the moment:

• Moving our Oracle RAC test/dev database cluster from Dell hardware to Nutanix/AHV
  • Migrating our production fileservers (approx 30TB's) from Dell hardware to Nutanix/VMware
  • Migrating from our expired Dell hardware our Hyper-V test/dev VM's to Nutanix/Hyper-V
  • Migrating from our expired Dell hardware our Hyper-V production VM's to Nutanix/VMware
  • Migrating our MS SQL 2008 R2 cluster from Dell hardware to MS SQL 2012 Always On running on Nutanix/VMware

Cheers,

Justin

Highlighted
Trailblazer

Hi all,

i'm just bringing up a solution for a decentralized VDI in our branchoffices via Nutanix with XenDesktop.

Cheers,
Maikel

I'm working on learning to use the Foundation tool to image new nodes.  Prism images new nodes using the default memory on the CVM and adds the node to the cluster.  SInce our current configuration requires more memory on the CVMs than the default, adding these lower memory CVMs to the cluster causes us problems.

Voyager

Creating powershell script to automate faiolver of Mertro-availabilty.
Creating powershell script rollback VM's to previous snapshot;

Trendsetter

Upgrading to 4.7.1 this weekend.

Adventurer

I use Revello to have my own Nutanix box to play with, and then we have nutanix in labs and in production.  I want to play with AHV and openvswitch more.

Voyager

Going to start a POC on Data Protection groups.  Before we make any more investment into nutanix, we want to see the replication and failover work.  I will also will sneak in an AWS backup and load migration by using Ravello.

Adventurer

About to take delivery of a 3-node SX-1065-G5 device for hosting our SaaS application. Looking forward to getting hands on the platform.