Community Suggestions

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVM RAM Usage High after upgrade to 5.0.2

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Scout

CVM RAM Usage High after upgrade to 5.0.2

Hi all.

I have just (12 hours ago) upgraded our Nutanix Cluster to version 5.0.2 (from 4.7.3). After the uppgrade the health says ”Critical” because of ”CVM RAM Usage High”

We did not have that issue before the upgrade. It seams that the new firmware version is consuming more memory? Or?

Interesting thing is, is it look like memory consumtion is pretty much the same as before. When a look at the CVMs in vsphere client it look like the only using 50% - 60%.

Any ideas?

Thanks

/Kenneth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scout

Re: CVM RAM Usage High after upgrade to 5.0.2

Hi @dlink7 and @aluciani.

Do not think it is the hypervisor, because it is the same version as before upgrade, only thing changed was the upgrade to 5.0.2

My CVM:s only had 16 Gb or RAM and since v 5 the recommended amount is 32 Gb aparently. I have increased to 32 Gb so the error is not there any more.

But the general feeling is that the upgrade did not do any good for my cluster, only I higher memory consumtion. But it is not an big issue right now, I need to add a node soon anyway to the cluster.

3 REPLIES
Nutanix Employee

Hi @KennethH

Why hypervisor? I noticed that VMware had a bug out for high memory usage a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if its related.

Community Manager

Hi @KennethH

Wondering if you saw the post from @dlink7 - Thanks

Scout

Hi @dlink7 and @aluciani.

Do not think it is the hypervisor, because it is the same version as before upgrade, only thing changed was the upgrade to 5.0.2

My CVM:s only had 16 Gb or RAM and since v 5 the recommended amount is 32 Gb aparently. I have increased to 32 Gb so the error is not there any more.

But the general feeling is that the upgrade did not do any good for my cluster, only I higher memory consumtion. But it is not an big issue right now, I need to add a node soon anyway to the cluster.