Backup and Recovery

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you using to backup Acropolis VMs?

Highlighted
Adventurer

What are you using to backup Acropolis VMs?

We are moving away from VMware over to Acropolis and I was wondering what others have been using to backup their VMs under Acropolis, 3rd party wise?

Under VMware, we had been using Veeam, but this is no longer a choice.

Any comments/suggestions would be helpful.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
izy
Trendsetter

Re: What are you using to backup Acropolis VMs?

You can take a look at HYCU from Comtrade Software. It was launched recently and supports AHV.

Adventurer

Hi Izy,

Thanks for the response.

I am actually in talks with them now.

Looks like a nice easy solution.

Also talking to Rubrick who have a similar solution. rubrik 

Wayfarer

Hi Icebun,

There was only option until recently - CommVault 

Last week Rubrik announced Alta that now supports  AHV - we have just ordered one Brik. 

The problem is Rubrik isn't cheap but it is amazing. The cool thing is with Nutanix guest tools

there's no VM stun when performing a backup, which is useful for backup during production hours. 

Cheers

Matt

Scout

Thankfully, Veeam is getting on board with full support for Acropolis. A quick search will show you lots of reports of this, but the details are fuzzy. Not clear yet exactly when or which of Veeam's products will have the support. I've seen that it is expected this year and definitly part of the Veeam Availability Platform.

Explorer

The word is on the street that Veeam will have AHV support in Veeam Availability Suite v10,  due Q1/2018.

Pathfinder

We use Hycu and it is brilliant.

image.png