Backup and Recovery

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HyperV backup

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Adventurer

HyperV backup

Dears 

We are facing VM backup with HyperV and Veritas BAckuexec, The backupExec guys are saying Nutanix HyperV is not supported because it uses SMB share ? Is that true ? what is the other options to take HyperV Vm Backups

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trailblazer

Re: HyperV backup

Hi,

Some solutions need to have an agent installed on the smb server. Also Microsoft solution DPM is not able to back-up servers on Nutanix Hyper-V using checkpoints (snapshots) of the virtual servers.

By then, you have have to install an agent inside the VM for data protection.

I thnk Commvault is able to back-up Hyper-V virtual machines residing on Nutanix, using checkpoints.

Regards,

Bart

4 REPLIES
Trailblazer

Hi,

Some solutions need to have an agent installed on the smb server. Also Microsoft solution DPM is not able to back-up servers on Nutanix Hyper-V using checkpoints (snapshots) of the virtual servers.

By then, you have have to install an agent inside the VM for data protection.

I thnk Commvault is able to back-up Hyper-V virtual machines residing on Nutanix, using checkpoints.

Regards,

Bart

Wayfarer

As I see it the problem is SMB3.

Is there the possibility to present iSCSI from Nutanix Distributed Storage Fabric (DSF) to the Hyper-V host(s) and

We are facing VM backup with HyperV and Veritas BAckuexec, The backupExec guys are saying Nutanix HyperV is not supported because it uses SMB share ? Is that true ? what is the other options to take HyperV Vm Backups

Squire

CommVault currently only supports AHV in Nutanix

Wayfarer

Hey,

Thanks for your responce to the topic. Here is an interesting link to a PDF for Nutanix, Commvault & VMware: http://www.enterprise-cloud-association.com/cp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Commvault_with_Nutanix_and...

Cheers,