API

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oauth Authentication

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Wayfarer

Oauth Authentication

I'm trying to get the Javascript version of the API working but I'm running into forbidden errors when I go to generate a token.  I’ve watched the video here and it shows that we need to create an oauth_client somewhere in Prism but I can’t seem to find that menu. 

Here's the Github example i'm trying to get running:

https://github.com/nutanix/hello-prism/blob/master/

Is this something that’s not available in the CE?  Or something that’s been deprecated in the latest versions of Prism?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Moderator

Re: Oauth Authentication

The hello prism app is using a developer branch of code where that is available. its not available in the GA product.

cc @Andre - Andre was working on this for the Nutanix AWS Alexa app

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
4 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

The hello prism app is using a developer branch of code where that is available. its not available in the GA product.

cc @Andre - Andre was working on this for the Nutanix AWS Alexa app

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Explorer

Thanks for the response

Will this feature be added to GA in the future?  Or it'll only be available in the developer code?

Nutanix Employee

If what you are trying to do is simply connect to an NTNX cluster you do not need oAuth token authorization. OAuth is used to provide seamless authentication/login from 3rd party accounts into NTNX. Ex: Because you are logged on Google you don't need to login on Nutanix, and so on.

oAuth is coming in a future release.

Wayfarer

Awesome sounds good.

Thanks for the help